Goals & Mission
The Phillips Foundation has developed a change framework that outlines how it makes a difference in Australia and overseas.
What can we do?
- Support communities to gain access to quality learning and education opportunities.
- Connect people through participation in sport to promote social, physical and recreational well-being and community engagement.
- Provide not just funds, but our own time and skills in business, coaching and education.
- Raise awareness of the challenges many disadvantaged communities experience, and the opportunities that exist to help young people change their own lives.
This will lead to...
- Participants developing the knowledge, skills and confidence that will enable them to identify, create and access learning opportunities.
- Increased participation in sport and recreational activities that brings associated social, health and wellbeing benefits.
- Communities having the skills, knowledge and confidence to establish and build businesses and create employment opportunities for others.
- A clearer understanding of the challenges developing and disadvantaged communities face through listening first-hand to their stories.
- Young people build life-long skills that promote holistic wellbeing.
- Young people’s confidence, courage and sense of purpose are developed.
- Young people and their families achieve greater economic independence.
- Respect for young people across communities is strengthened.